The Big Data Value Association AISBL is a fully self-financed non–for-profit organisation under Belgian law. There are 24 founding members from large and SME industry and research. The BDVA shall present an industry-led contractual counterpart to the European Commission for the implementation of the Big Data Value PPP cPPP. A basic principle is openness, transparency and inclusiveness.
The main role of the Big Data Value Association will be providing the Big Data Value strategic research agenda (SRIA) and its regular updates, defining and monitoring the metrics of the cPPP and joining the European Commission in the cPPP partnership board.
Objectives and Activities
The objectives of the Association (hereafter the ‘Objectives’) are to boost European Big Data Value research, development and innovation and to foster a positive perception of Big Data Value. It aims at:
- strengthening competitiveness and ensuring industrial leadership of providers and end users of Big Data Value technology-based systems and services;
- promoting the widest and best uptake of Big Data Value technologies and services for professional and private use;
- establishing the excellence of the science base of creation of value from BIG DATA.
The Association shall carry out acts, take steps and commit to all activities that are deemed appropriate or useful in view of achieving its Objectives. This is to include:
- collaborating with the European COMMISSION (including to establish a Public-Private Partnership, and to develop and implement a strategic roadmap for research, technological development and innovation in the Big Data Value and other ICT domains);
- developing strategic goals of European Big Data Value research and innovation and supporting their implementation;
- improving industrial competitiveness of Europe through innovative Big Data Value technologies, applications, services, solution
- strengthening networking activities of the European Big Data Value community;
- promoting European Big Data Value offerings and organisation;
- reaching out to existing and new users,
contributing to policy development, education and technology raminfication in the widest possible sense and addressing ethical, legal and societal issues contributing to policy development, education and technology raminfication in the widest possible sense and addressing ethical, legal and societal issues.